Job Title: Inside Sales Representative – International and Domestic
Proposed Division/Function: SMITH Manufacturing
JPS Status: Active
FLSA Status: Exempt with commission
Section I: JOB PURPOSE
Provide sales support to the business through quoting, taking orders and sales order management. Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers (primarily by phone) to increase sales of an organization’s products and/or services.
Section II: ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Prepare customer quotes using information from QuickBooks and other systems
• Manage, expedite and convert open quotes/opportunities into sales orders
• Manage the follow up of lead generation activities
• Manage, organize and maintain customer records, contacts and opportunities in QuickBooks, and pricing/discount structures for all customers
• Direct sales interaction with key channel distribution management
• Conduct outbound sales calls and cold calls for sales initiatives and survey campaigns
• Participate in end user programs and promotion development
• Analyze sales data to identify sales opportunities
• Create customized reports, graphs and trend charts using accounting and QuickBooks reports, as well as market data
Section III: POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Associates Degree in Business, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English
• 2+ years of inside sales experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Solid track record of achievement
• CRM Experience, QuickBooks experience
• Excellent customer service orientation and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Strong organizational skills
• Technical aptitude
• Willingness to travel for various trade shows
Section IV: WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Full time
• Professional office environment
SMITH offers employees a competitive salary with the stability of working with an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance, and make a difference to the world we live in.
SMITH is an EEO “great opportunity” employer where everyone is welcomed.
Section I: JOB DESCRIPTION
Smith Surface-Preparation Systems (a Graco Inc. Company since 2018) has immediate openings for highly motivated Mechanical Engineers II-Intermediate at our Pompano Beach, FL location. In this position, you will be a key part of our team supporting New Product Development as well supporting our current products. As a member of our cross-functional engineering team you will create, develop, and support the production of exciting new products.
Section II: RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop component and assembly concepts, identification of cost reductions, and product improvement opportunities
• Create 3D models of new mechanical components and assemblies using ProE/Creo.
• Complete mechanical engineering analyses of components and assemblies: Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Tolerance Analysis, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Failures Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
• Work with other engineers to ensure that thorough engineering analyses have been completed and risks to cost, quality and delivery have been identified
• Assemble functional and aesthetically accurate prototypes for review with senior management
• Conduct effective design reviews to share your work and gather feedback for alternatives and improvements
• Rapidly iterate through the design process to arrive at a solution that meets cost, quality and delivery objectives while meeting key product specifications
• Work closely with our purchasing team along with our vendors to source and qualify production components
• Collaborate with team members in our manufacturing facilities to introduce new products/components
• Troubleshoot manufacturing and customer issues
• Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good design principles, process improvements, safety, aesthetics, smart testing and review practices
• Minimum Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree (or technically equivalent)
• Proficiency using 2D/3D design software. Pro Engineer/CREO
• Minimum of three years practical hands-on experience as a degreed Mechanical Engineer
• Must possess a combination of skills and characteristics with a passion for design; innovative thinker with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Design engineering facilitator, with demonstrated experience in various phases of product development, from conceptualization through production
Job Type: Full time
• How many years of Mechanical Engineering experience do you have?
• What is the highest level of education you have completed?
• Are you in Pompano Beach, FL 33069?
• Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
• Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
SMITH is an EEO “great opportunity” employer where everyone is welcomed.
People and ideas have always been at the heart of our success. Our achievements are based on the skills of individuals working together to create the highest quality products in the world. Our employees are tops in their fields of engineering, design, manufacturing, marketing, customer service and more. They are knowledgeable, hard-working, highly-educated and they truly like where they work. In fact, employees voted Graco a Top Place to Work in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2018.
We believe that enjoying your work and making valuable contributions to our company are equally important. The health, wellness, satisfaction and security of you and your family are vital to your well-being and ultimately to the success of Graco. To that end, we are committed to offering you a comprehensive benefit plan that will fit your needs:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Graco offers a traditional PPO medical plan and two high deductible health plans. All plans offer preventive coverage at 100 percent. We also offer a dental and vision plan.
Critical Illness and Accidental Injury Insurance
Graco offers supplemental insurance which pays a fixed lump sum benefit in the event of a diagnosis for a covered condition or accident.
Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Our reimbursement accounts allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care and/or dependent (daycare) expenses.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
If enrolled in the high deductible health plan, you have the opportunity to participate in the HSA which is a tax-free account that allows you to save money to pay for eligible health care expenses.
Graco offers life insurance plans for you and your eligible dependents. Basic life and dependent coverage is provided at no cost to you. Additional life insurance coverage for yourself, spouse, and/or children is available.
We provide company-paid short-term and long-term disability coverage in the event you become ill or injured and are unable to work.
Graco offers paid time off, holidays, and other time off to help you balance your work and personal life.
Graco offers an innovative wellness program designed to improve the total health of employees and dependents which sparks engagement, drives productivity and reduces health care costs.
Our Retirement Program provides a solid foundation of retirement benefits, which includes a 401(k) plan with a company matching contribution, as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which allows you the opportunity to purchase Graco stock at a discount.
Additional Programs and Resources
For your health
• Fitness center discount program if enrolled in the medical plan
• Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tobacco cessation offerings
• Doctor-on-Demand Virtual Doctor Visit Program
• Nutrition counseling offered through our medical plans
For your personal and family life
• Scholarships for eligible dependents of employees
• Adoption assistance
• Group discounts off vehicles, cell phone service, paint, and more
For your development
• Tuition reimbursement